Pear, Walnut and Goats Cheese Salad
This salad is so easy to make and it’s ridiculously addictive. I made it three days in a row that’s how much I enjoyed it. The soft, tangy goats cheese with the sweet pear and crunchy walnuts make a delicious combination of flavours and textures.
What you need:
For the salad:
A small bag of rocket
About 1/4 cup of walnuts
About a tablespoon of soft goats cheese
Fresh black pepper
For the dressing:
A tablespoon or so of honey
1/4 olive oil
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
This served two of us (easily). If you’re making for a crowd, double/triple/quadruple the ingredients as you see fit.
What you need to do:
1. Wash and dry the rocket and throw it into a large bowl.
2. Thinly slice your pear and add that to the bowl too. The thinner the better, in my opinion.
3. Crumble your goats cheese (as much as you can “crumble” goats cheese – it’s pretty sticky, people) and throw that in as well.
4. Roughly break up your walnuts and – you guessed it – put them in the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
5. In a small bowl or jar, mix together your honey, olive oil and lemon juice until they’re combined completely.
6. Pour the dressing over the salad when you’re ready to eat it, then crack over some fresh pepper and mix it altogether.
That’s it! So quick, so easy and SO delicious!
Would I make it again? Oh, you know it.
Don’t forget to like All You Do Is Eat on Facebook or follow me on Twitter!
It has goats cheese, of course you loved it!
Looks like a great salad to bring to a party. Recipe filed away for my next dinner party 🙂
Just don’t dress it until you’re ready to eat!
Love this salad. It’s also delicious on pizza!
Love pear and walnuts together. I’m a sucker for cheese so I’m all in for that!
Such a good combo!!
Never thought of using pear like that! This is fantastic! 😀
It’s so delicious! Definitely try it!! I make another version with rocket, pear (sliced thinly like this one), parmesan and balsamic dressing – so so good!
Thanks for the tip 😀
I love simple easy salads like this – particularly those with sweet fruits!
They are so good aren’t they!! I love mango in a salad too!
Now this is one good salad…!
Thank you! It is definitely one of my favourites!